- 1 tsp. Garlic & Herb Spread Mix (dry)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef sirloin
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat and cook, stirring often, until evenly browned (about 5 minutes). Transfer meat to a bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter and stir in onion. Cook, stirring
often, until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring to thoroughly blend flour and butter. Stir in Garlic & Herb Spread Mix (dry) and onions.
- Add beef broth and bring mixture to a boil. Stir until flour has
dissolved and broth is thickened (about 2 minutes). Add
mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved meat and drippings; reheat mixture 2 minutes. (Recipe can be made ahead to this point. If not serving within an hour, cover and refrigerate the mixture, then reheat it
before adding sour cream.)
- Remove skillet from heat and blend in sour cream. Serve immediately over noodles or rice.