- 1 packet Chipotle & Garlic Dip Mix
- 3 to 5 pound beef roast
- 16 oz. Root Beer (soda/pop)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1– 10 oz can Rotel® style tomatoes* (mild or hot)
- 2 Tbls. Cider vinegar
* We prefer mild Rotel® tomatoes.
Rinse beef roast, place in a large zipper style plastic bag. Add packet of Chipotle & Garlic Dip Mix, 16 oz of Root Beer, and 2 Tbls of cider vinegar. Close bag. Mix well, allow to marinate overnight (minimum 8 hours) in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or use a 5-6 quart slow cooker). Place beef roast and all of the marinade into the dutch oven styled pan (with oven-safe lid) or into slow cooker. Add chopped onions and green peppers on top of beef roast. Carefully pour tomatoes (including juice) on top. Cover pan and bake for 4 hours or until beef roast is tender.
Slow Cooker: Allow to cook approx. 6 hours on high or until beef is tender and will easily shred, or cook on low for 8-9 hours. Serve with tortillas, rice an beans.