- 1 - 2 to 3 pound pork loin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 packet Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/3 cup prepared honey mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cooking twine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix with 1/2 cup hot water, use a fork to combine and allow to sit while preparing the pork loin and onion mixture.
Rinse roast and pat dry. Slice a pocket into the side of the pork loin. Be sure not to cut all the way through. Season the inside pocket and outside of the pork loin with salt and pepper.
In a sauté pan, cook diced onions in the cooking oil over medium heat until translucent. Remove the pan from the heat and add balsamic vinegar and honey mustard. Stir to combine. Add the Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix mixture to the pan and mix. Place seasoned pork loin into a baking dish and place half of the Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix and onion mixture into the pocket. Use cooking twine, tie off the pork loin in the middle and at each end. Add 1 cup water into the pan around the prepared pork loin. Spread half of the remaining Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix and onion mixture on top of the pork loin. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. See "Notes" for cooking time. Bake until very tender. At 15 minutes left, reglaze the top of the pork loin with the remaining Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix and onion mixture. Remove from the oven and let it stand covered for 20 minutes. Remove cooking twine, slice and serve. Pairs well with stuffing and mashed potatoes.
- The rule of thumb for pork loin is to cook them 25 minutes per pound of meat at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- For a juicy pork loin, we recommend using a cooking bag. Follow the same direction above except start with the pork loin in the cooking bag. Remember to poke a small vent hole at the top of your cooking bag before cooking.
- A slow cooker may be used. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Reglaze the top of the pork loin with 30 to 45 mins remaining in the cook time.
- No honey mustard? Substitute 1/4 cup prepared honey mustard mixed with 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar.