- 1 packet Mom’s Apple Pie Dip mix -or- Honey Apple Pecan Dip Mix
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider, hot
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened*
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup packed brown sugar**
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Empty packet of mix into heat-safe bowl or slow cooker. Add apple juice or cider that is heated to hot. Stir with fork to mix. Stir in softened cream cheese. Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar (you may add more brown sugar to taste later), and ground cinnamon. Add butter and allow to melt into mixture. Heat in slow cooker on high for a minimum of 2 hours to allow apple pieces to reconstitute before serving.
* To soften cream cheese: Microwave each 8 oz package (unwrapped) for 1 minute to soften before adding.
**Add additional brown sugar one tablespoon at a time to reach desired sweetness.